Going vegan is a big decision that requires a lot of commitment. It is a …Read More »
Going vegan is a big decision that requires a lot of commitment. It is a matter of transition and not just one big step that you will take. You need to adjust your lifestyle habits, your cooking recipes and rethink about the places where you eat or shop for food. Vegan food provides your body with the necessary nutrients and helps you avoid toxins and chemicals that are usually found in processed food.
But do you have to stick to eating raw vegetables and fruit? No. There are a lot of delicious recipes that vegans can guiltlessly enjoy. Here are some of the best tips for delicious vegan cooking:
- Olive oil is packed with healthy nutrients and can enhance the flavor of any dish.
- Explore the world of spices. There are hundreds of delicious spices that can make your dishes extraordinary. You can have a different taste thanks to a few sprinkles of a new spice.
- Use lemon to add a zest to your dish. It is also healthier than salt.
You can adjust your favorite dishes using vegan alternatives. Give them a try and make them unique by adding your special ingredients.
Pasta is perfect for lunch, for dinner, for happy times and bad times. There is so much to love about pasta that our space here won’t fit. But cooking the perfect pasta is not as easy as it may sound. To cook your pasta al dente, you need to follow some easy tips. Here is what you need to do to have the perfect pasta dish:
- Make sure that you start with enough cold water. There should be room for your pasta to move in the water after it is cooked.
- Don’t add oil to your water. Some people do this to prevent their pasta from sticking but they can end up with greasy pasta.
- Add more salt than you think you should. Remember that your pasta will only absorb some of the salt in the water. 1 tablespoon of salt for every 2 liters of water is the minimum. Add more according to your preference.
- Use the cooking water for the sauce. The water will add consistency to your sauce.
Craving some warm delicious food? Follow these tips for the best pasta dish.
Soup is the perfect meal for those cold days when you need something that will warm you up from within. Cooking delicious soup is as fun and eating it. Here are some do’s and don’ts that will help you prepare the perfect soup even if you are not an expert.
- Chop your vegetables according to spoon size. This will make your soup easy to eat.
- Cook your veggies. Aromatic vegetables, like onions and garlic, need to be sautéed first before they are added to the soup. This will help them release their delicious flavors.
- Consider the cooking time of each ingredient. Your vegetables soup will contain a lot of ingredients. Think about their cooking time so that some of them don’t overcook.
- If you are using canned ingredients or stock, you may want to wait until the end to season your soup. Add your salt and pepper according to preference. You can also add some spices and herbs for a unique taste.
- Don’t boil your food. It is best to simmer your vegetables and meat. When you boil your soup, your ingredients might become overcooked.
- If you are adding tomatoes to your soup, keep them until the end. Adding them at the beginning will keep your veggies crunchy.
- If you want to add noodles to your soup, don’t cook them separately. Add your pasta or noodles as the final ingredient so that they can absorb the flavor from the soup. If you are planning to freeze your soup, don’t add the noodles. Wait until it is thawed when you are getting ready for the next meal, and then cook your noodles.
- You can add cream or milk to give your soup more consistency. Make sure that your cream is warm to prevent curdling. Milk doesn’t react well to boiling, so you can add it as a final ingredient after you’ve removed your soup from heat.
- Don’t ignore the garnish. After you’ve cooked your soup, you can add some grated Parmesan, some chopped fresh herbs or croutons.
These easy tips will help you present the best soup dish. Don’t hesitate to experiment with different and special ingredients. Every experiment is a chance to learn something new.