What is Leptitox?
Leptitox, as a brand of weight loss supplement, claims to help lose weight by detoxifying endocrine-disrupting chemicals to correct the resistance of leptin. We suggest to read one Leptitox review (or more of them) to see what others have to say about it.
Quick primer on Leptin:
Leptin is a hormone generated by the excess fat, and it directs your body to alert when it has enough intake and how the energy is stored.
In a proper functional organism, at the moment when the food intake has reached the threshold, leptin is released and it signals your body to stop eating. However, the people who are looking for weight loss have higher fat stores, and as such their organism becomes more complex. In general, the higher fat stores imply the higher release of the hormone, and its saturation in your bloodstream could lead to the insensitivity, called leptin resistance.
If a person has become leptin resistant, it is more difficult for their body to recognize the signal of “stop” sent by leptin and as such overeat. Then, overeating causes more fat stores, and more fat stores results in more leptin resistance.
How Does Leptitox Work?
Leptitox claims to help your body detoxify the endocrine-disrupting chemicals that, some studies indicate, have a correlation with the leptin resistance. These endocrine-disrupting chemicals include:
- BPA; it is in the food storage plastics & water bottles;
- PFOA; it is in the non-stick cookware;
- TBT, it is in the paint, pesticides & certain material preservatives;
- ZEA: it is a mycotoxin to expedite growth of cattle;
- DEHP; it is in the plastic production for elasticity.
By the manufacturer’s website, Leptitox contains a list of ingredients with health benefits as the following:
- Milk Thistle; it supports weight loss, reduces insulin resistance, and promotes liver health;
- Apium Graveolens Seed; it is anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer properties, and antioxidant;
- Jujube; it helps with insomnia, regulates blood pressure, and regulates blood circulation;
- Alfalfa; it is antioxidant and anti-diabetic, and it lowers cholesterol; Chanca Piedra; it helps with constipation, protects the liver, and helps kidney health;
- Grapeseed; it helps with kidney function, protects the liver, and is antioxidant;
- Taraxacum leaves; it is antioxidant, and it helps with weight loss and fighting inflammation;
- Barberry; it is antioxidant, and it protects against metabolic syndrome and lowers blood sugar;
- Brassicas; it is antioxidant, and it supports the immune system and promotes digestive health;
- Burdock Root; it is antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and it assists with blood cleansing;
- N-acetyl cysteine; it supports antioxidative activity, regulates blood sugar, and help against liver damage;
- Choline; it boosts metabolism, supports liver and cell health;
- Chicory root; it assists with blood sugar levels, aids digestive system, and supports gut health;
- Methionine; it helps with protein development and skin health, and assists to maintain liver health;
- Feverfew; it is anti-cancer properties, and it supports skin health and helps with pain relief.